The CASE Dean’s Leadership Council recognizes one outstanding faculty member a year who has made outstanding contributions to the academic, professional or personal growth of the undergraduate students. The awardee, selected from a slate of nominees, will receive a customized commemorative medal to wear at commencement and a financial award of at least $2,020.
Who may nominate
All Missouri S&T faculty, administrators, staff, students or alumni may nominate a CASE faculty member who teaches in these departments:
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Arts, Languages, and Philosophy
- Biological Sciences
- English and Technical Communication
- History and Political Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Psychological Science
- Teacher Education and Certification
Nominations from department chairs are encouraged. Self-nominations are not accepted. Nominations for the 2022 Dean’s Medal are due February 28, 2022.
Nominees demonstrate excellence and innovation in any combination of the following:
- Instruction in classrooms, laboratories, field settings, and/or other learning environments
- Academic and/or pre-professional advising
- Leading students in significant community engagement
- Fostering caring, inclusive, and respectful learning environments
- Advancement of research of student learning and pedagogy
- Obtaining significant external resources for improving undergraduate learning
- Mentorship of undergraduate research and creative activity projects that are disseminated through
outlets such as juried performances, presentations at professional conferences, and publications
in peer-reviewed journals
Contributions to student success can be made during any time period.
Suggested examples to define your nomination:
- Teaching awards, grants, conference papers, and journal articles that pertain to the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Examples or testimonials of innovative teaching and/or learning strategies in the classroom that led to improved student learning
- Examples of accomplishments that enhanced student research, scholarship and creative activities
- Mentorship of undergraduate student research
Service to students
- Mentoring, student academic advising, student organization advising, recruiting, and service learning
Deadline for nominations: TBD
Should you need need help with the nomination process, please contact Leanna Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-4687.